This is the second version of my Milky Way Medallion quilt. I made a few adjustments to the pattern and it came together much more smoothly than the first (probably because I wasn’t designing on the fly this time).
I wanted this version to look completely different than my first so I went with a less scrappy look with a dark background. I used 3 background fabrics (all shot cottons) and 15 feature fabrics and the result really shows off the pattern nicely.
I quilted in an allover meander with a medium grey Aurifil thread and for the back of the quilt I used an extra wide black and grey paisley print. The binding is the dark grey I used in the quilt.
The first draft of the pattern is now finished and I have some pattern testers working on their own version of the quilt to work out any kinks. Once they have finished their quilts and have given me any correction suggestions I will release the pattern, hopefully in less than a month.
This quilt is for sale and currently listed in my Etsy Shop.
The original is also for sale and can be found in my Etsy Shop.
Edit: Another finish crossed off my Q2 2014 FAL List Found Here