These little stars are addicting! I love the color palate I chose and I seem to be finding more and more fabrics to add in to the mix. While I find them enjoyable to make, my progress is slow. I started a new full time job recently (more on that soon) – which really eats into my personal sewing time (but I am enjoying the job so far) so when I do get a chance to work on them I only get about 1-2 done at a time.
When starting this project out, I decided to glue baste my pieces. I have previously made an EPP hexagon quilt (which was never blogged about) and hand basted all of the pieces, but it wasn’t a part of the process I enjoyed at all. I figured the glue would be an easier and quicker method for me and so far I don’t mind the basting process as much.
I spent much of Sunday cutting fabrics and preparing diamonds to be sewn together, so I should start to see a little more progress on this quilt. Please be patient with me as I get used to my new job and schedule. I hope to have a lot to share soon!