So awhile back I had this brilliant idea to make a Jurassic Park type quilt – like a whole bunch of different dinosaur blocks but in one decent sized lap quilt. The first block I decided to make was a stegosaurus. I wanted to test my block so I pulled some fabric from my stash and when to work. After finishing the first one I knew that I didn’t want to go on to make a ton more dinosaurs, so I thought I would just make two more blocks and turn it into a baby quilt.
I finished this quilt top over the summer, but never took any pictures of it because I was never sure I was going to share it. I never really liked the quilt top for some reason but once it was quilted and had the binding on it I really started to like it after all. (I was in a creative funk this summer and not liking anything I was working on for awhile there – so that might have been part of it).
Now onto the details. This quilt finished up as 37″ x 51.5″ which I think would make a great kid or baby quilt. For the front I used Kona Snow for the background and for the dinos I used some greens I had in my stash along with a small piece or two that I picked up at my local quilt shop.
I backed it in a cozy green flannel and bound it in this great green striped polka dot fabric that really pulled the quilt together for me. For quilting I used a lighter bright green thread and did an allover meander that blends pretty well into most of the fabrics but gives the quilt a nice texture.
This quilt is currently listed in my etsy shop here.
Thanks for reading!