I first wrote about this quilt top in November, but it got left forgotten in a pile after a vacation and two quilt commissions – but no more! I finally got my butt in gear this last week and finished piecing all the block and sewing them into this top.
This quilt was an experiment for me as it was originally a completely low volume quilt. After having the blocks up on my design wall I decided I wanted a little more contrast in the quilt so I added in one fabric to each color group (i.e. instead of having only fabrics in a section there is now three – three yellow fabrics, three green fabrics, three pink fabrics etc.).
The finished top measures about 60″ square and I am debating on how I should quilt it – either an all over meaner or working inside the shapes to help make the pattern more pronounced. After changing the top and looking back on the original I keep going back and forth as to which layout I like better.