Lately I have been in a blogging funk, which is odd because quilting wise the last few weeks have been very busy. I think it started with the frustration of my medallion quilt shrinking and bleeding onto my orange quilt (even though I think I managed to get it all out). Then I could never manage to get pictures of what I was working on – a combination of no quilt holding helper (he understandably had to work) + poor weather = no proper photos.
The good news is I have a lot to share in the next few weeks, and a lot to do it seems. The fabric stack pictured at the beginning of this post has since been cut (all the pieces pictured above are destined to be flying geese). I am combining them with a stark white background – something I don’t normally do, and I am really loving how all the fabrics look together.
In other sewing news I have made a lot of progress hand quilting my Rainbow Ombre Flying Geese Quilt (new pictures to be shared soon) and I received a quilt commission this week – which will take priority over all my other sewing projects. It will be a twin sized variation of my Black Tie quilt.
More to share soon!