The second border on my medallion quilt was by far the most tedious and time consuming so far. I made a bunch of 2.5″ HST units, made flying geese out of them then and turned them into a chevron border.
This took longer than expected because somewhere between making the x and + blocks and adding the next row of sashing I ended up with a quilt that was a half inch too small all the way around. Fortunately for me all I had to do to fix the issue was trim the sashing down by almost half to make it work. The chevron border is my new favorite border and I am look forward to figuring out the next one!
Hope you are having a great day!