Finally the bridesmaid dress baby quilt is complete! I explained the reasoning behind putting the dress in the quilt and finding the fabrics for it here. This quilt was exciting for me because it was my first officially commissioned quilt.
The guidelines requested were as follows:
- It is for a baby boy – so make it boyish
- Make it simple (squares or whatever was easiest for me was fine for them)
- Use the bridesmaid dress in the quilt
- Use blue (dress color) and bright orange in the quilt
- Flannel or soft fabrics were preferable
- Make it fairly large – not a crib or baby quilt size
Many times I prefer to do my own thing, but I love the challenge of
incorporating what someone else wants with my own style and flare.
I asked my friend who requested this quilt if she wanted a patch embroidered saying it was from her or something of the sort. She thought about and asked if I could incorporate the baby’s name into the quilt instead. I agreed, grabbed my last piece of the Dress material and embroidered the baby’s name onto it (so lucky I didn’t screw it up!), and then worked it into the back of the quilt. I rather like how it turned out.
Before my friend arrived to pick up the quilt, I thought I would throw it over a chair and take a couple more pictures. Apparently my dog Raptor felt that he needed to be a part of that photo session too, and I just had to share it with you guys.
Thanks for reading!